Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sania Hopes To Make Top 20 In 2008

Out of action due to a stomach injury, Sania Mirza hopes to improve her performance in the 2008 season and make the top 20 of the WTA rankings.

"I am playing my best and will strive to achieve a ranking of 20 before the end of the 2008 season," Sania said at promotional event here on Wednesday.

The 32-ranked player tried to avoid questions on the issue of match-fixing in the men’s circuit saying, "it does not happen in the women’s circuit to my knowledge. I have not experienced any such instances. If it is happening on the ATP circuit, it is not good for the game. I am not that experienced to make any comment on such things."

On Justine Henin’s domination on the WTA circuit, Sania said, "Henin is a lady Federer. She is what Federer (Roger) is on the men’s circuit. She is a terror for all players and she wins whatever tournament that she competes in."

No comments: